Saturday, February 4, 2012

Half-way Blog


Last semester, like the other students in my class, I took COMM 110. That class, like assuming, was all about preparing and presenting speeches. Now, this semester, we’re all in English 101, where I’m sure most of us assumed we would be writing 5 page papers every other week. To my surprise, that is not what this class consists of. I enjoy the type of work that we do, instead of just writing and writing. The blog assignments are something that I am getting used to, since I haven’t ever posted or communicated through blog before. This is a whole new learning concept to me. I know that new writing ways and ideas can make for a better writer. In my own personal opinion, I have taken a grasp on this blog genre and am taking advantage of it to the best of my ability. Like said in class, I am not too sure what the structure of these learning blog entries should be, but that is all part of the learning process. Some of us may be changing our writing on the blog entries compared to what we would write on paper, but I assume that is how it is with all different genres. We didn't go through and find criteria and a rubric for each blog entry ever posted, because I'm sure there are a million different  ways blogs have been written. That shows how much a person can differ in writing. It's something interesting to me; How there are so many different writing ideas running through everybody's minds at all times, in their opinion how to be a good writer. I am trying to find a better writer in myself, showing myself that there are so many different ways to write, since there are so many genres. As for the peer reviews, I love how our class can work together and get advice and thoughts on our work. Also, through that, I know that I am working on my review and editing skills, which I have always had interest in. Taking the reviews to a whole new level, through rubrics and rough draft articles for example, is a great new learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment