Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2/15/12 In class blog work

  • How did the text begin and how did it move out into the world? My text began as a need for all types of donors. It is a world known concern that organ, blood, or even plasma donors are in need. Documents and articles on the internet and newspapers are constantly being published about the need. My text began because it is a specific concern and need, this subject is very relative to ISU students in many ways, and because a day in this month is National Donor Day.
  • What other genres (generally) or specific examples of genres did you use to inform/understand your production? I used world newspaper articles to set my criteria and get information to create my own article on this subject.
  • Who read it? There will be all types of people who will read this type of article on this specific subject. In hopes that everybody will read it, the article is mainly pointed at college students who don't know much about how much of an impact they can make.
  • Who do you anticipate might read it in the future? I anticipate that a lot of college students will read this article, not only because it is pinpointed at them, but because the article is talking about how much they can make a difference if they set themselves to it. In the future, others will hopefully read this, too. (When they become the age of being able to donate)

CHAT:
1. Production: Tools and practices used to create the writing. Notes, powerpoint, writing out before.
  •  I created a rubric and went off of that to write my article. Also, I wrote a rough draft to practice for my final draft. I used newspaper articles that were written out to focus on my subject.
2. Representation: Ways people who produce a text conceptualize and plan it.
  • I took my rough draft that was peer edited and concluded it to a final draft. After some feedback, I knew what I wanted to change and say.
3. Distribution: Things such as who a text is given to, for what purposes, using what distribution tools.
  • My text is given to anybody who wants to read it and/or is interested in this subject. I want to make it better known that donors are in need and a huge concern. I may or may not post my article on the blog, but I feel that it would be necessary and in interest.
4. Reception: How texts are taken up and used by others.
  • My article is mainly considered for those people who are not donors and may not know the need and concern for donors. In my hope, maybe those who read my article will take the information and go make a change, and decide to donate. They can do much more than just reading my article. For those who are donors, they can take the information and pass it along, for others to know.

1 comment: