Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Final Learning Blog.


Now that Unit 1 is coming to an end, our first project is wrapping up. I feel that I have found a whole new perspective on writing different types of genres. Never before have I created a rubric and found certain criteria for an article. Now looking back at that, it has made an enormous difference on how I have written my article. The new experience of the rubric had a very positive impact on my writing.
            One problem that I did encounter was the interview situation. I planned on interviewing someone from American Red Cross during one of their visits to ISU, but I later found out that they were not holding another blood drive before my interview needed to be completed. Therefore, I just went down the ladder, and interviewed somebody who regularly donates to American Red Cross. Along with being a blood donor, she is also a registered organ donor, and a nursing major. I believed that she was a good person to get input and information from, besides other statistics.
            By the end of this unit, I hope to complete a great and informative article about National Donor Day. I know I have already worked with new ways of writing, between the blogs and articles. I have found new ways that will help with future writing, such as creating rubrics and analyzing. Also, I have discovered that oral and written feedback works best for me. There have been many new experiences with unit one and I am looking forward to using the things I have learned and found most helpful, in the units to come.

2 comments:

  1. Loren Lewis (lorensbloggg): Great final blog Paige! I had the same problem that you had with my interview situation. My topic was nutrition and I anticipated interviewing the assistant director of campus dining services; we emailed back and forth but she never followed through with the actual interview! So as you did, i just moved down to the next best thing- a clinical dietician. What I found from this, was that the interview with the clinical dietician gave me more information that was useful in writing my article. I hope this "change of plans" for you helped you to write a good article! Good luck with the rest of the semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Loren. Sometimes, the person whom you want to interview just isn't available. But you both got other people and made it work!

    ReplyDelete